- Extensions: rpl
- Technical Description: http://multimedia.cx/AE7doc.txt
- Samples: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/game-formats/rpl/
ARMovie is ostensibly a multimedia container format used on Acorn RISC computer systems. Perhaps the most curious aspect of the format's design is its use of variable-length strings in the file header.
While apparently designed as a general container format, its most most notable use is in various Eidos Interactive computer games (using the extension rpl for Replay) including the Tomb Raider series. These FMV files contain video encoded with the ESCAPE video codec, and the audio is either uncompressed PCM or a custom IMA ADPCM variant.
PC Games That Use RPL Files
- Big Red Racing (Escape 122)
- Fighting Force (Escape 130)
- Ian Livingstone's Deathtrap Dungeon (Escape 130)
- Joint Strike Fighter (Escape 130)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Escape 130)
- Lords of Midnight (Escape 122)
- Tomb Raider (Escape 124)
- Tomb Raider II (Escape 130)
- Tomb Raider III (Escape 130)
- Warzone 2100 (Escape 130)