Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Extension: xma
- Company: Microsoft
- Samples: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/game-formats/xma/
XMA is the audio container/codec format used on the Microsoft Xbox 360 console. It is thought to be based on WMA Pro.
- Discussion on HCS Forum
- "xmaencode.exe" from the Xbox 360 XDK provides encoding and (broken?) decoding.
- ToWav.exe is a (closed source) independent decoder.
- It is packed with UPX. 'mudlord' has unpacked it and annotated the Delphi calls: towav_unpacked.rar
- It might have just been linked to xmaencoder.lib from an old XDK...
- xma_parse exists to parse and repack the steam for files that ToWav breaks on.
- xma_setup.txt is an annotated disassembly of the xma_setup routine (from xmaencode?).