Talk:FFmpeg Summer Of Code 2009
Is there any specific qualification task you would like done for this? -- Jai
- Working Jpeg2000 decoder ;), cleaning up this http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2005-June/001673.html would be welcome. It's a rpza encoder. --Merbanan 06:22, 31 December 2008 (EST)
speex + gsm
Aren't libgsm and libspeex distributed under a permissive license? If yes, these tasks do not have very high priority, imo. Ce 14:56, 11 January 2009 (EST)
DTS-HD Master Audio decoder?
- ""DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless audio codec created by Digital Theater System. It was previously known as DTS++ and DTS-HD. It is an extension of DTS which, when played back on devices which do not support the Master Audio extension, degrades to a 1.5 Mbit/s "core" track which is lossy. DTS-HD Master Audio is an optional audio format for both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD"
Specs, please. From what I know the projects without spec take a looong time to complete. --Kostya 03:32, 16 January 2009 (EST)
- AFAIK, there is even no software implementation, so it would be even more difficult;-( Ce 20:14, 16 January 2009 (EST)
WTV (Microsoft Windows Media Center Recording Format) demuxer?
Would a WTV (Microsoft Windows Media Center Recording Format) demuxer make good project suggestion? Gamester17 13:14, 16 January 2009 (EST)
- "WTV is the new container format used to record television shows in Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center starting with Windows Media Center TV Pack 2008.", "WTV is the successor of DVR-MS which is is being replaced with WTV", "WRT is also the default recording format for Windows 7 Media Center"
- This is tricky. It doesn't strike me as being involved enough to qualify as one of our usual SoC projects. OTOH, it seems a little too involved to be a qualification task. --Multimedia Mike 14:24, 16 January 2009 (EST)
- That sounds great actually. Maybe this could become one of the few SoC projects that are actually finished in time...--DonDiego 07:18, 18 January 2009 (EST)
- +1! Ce 11:54, 18 January 2009 (EST)
libavui (a common skins library)?
Would a common skins library make good project suggestion?
- MPlayer skin
- VLC skin
- Xine skin
- XMMS skin
- WINAMP skin
- Windows Media Player skin
- Rockbox skin
- foobar2000 skin
- Songbird feathers (skin)
-Nazo 21:29, 16 January 2009 (EST)
- Personally, I would advocate a project to stamp out skinnable UIs across the computing landscape. But that's outside of the scope of an SoC project. I hate UI skins. --Multimedia Mike 14:03, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- I second that. But I don't see how GUI stuff like promoting or discouraging skins relates to libav* in the first place. Koorogi 16:26, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- No, skins are outside the scope of FFmpeg.--DonDiego 07:18, 18 January 2009 (EST)
Refactor VDPAU patch for video editing
This might be a good project: http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-January/059032.html but I don't know for sure, so that's why I am including it on this page. Dashcloud 16:23, 20 January 2009 (EST)