Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Company: Digital Voice Systems Inc.
- Patents: (see below)
Improved Multi Band Excitation (IMBE) is a proprietary speech codec used in government and commercial digital radio applications. The codec was developed in the early 90s.
- mbelib Decoder for IMBE 7200x4400 and 7100x4400 bit/s codecs
- ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BABA-1998, "Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Project 25 Vocoder Description".
- ANSI/TIA/EIA 102.BABA-1, "Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Project 25 Half-Rate Vocoder Annex" (July 2009)
- US#6199037 Joint quantization of speech subframe voicing metrics and fundamental frequencies
- US#5870405 Digital transmission of acoustic signals over a noisy communication channel
- US#5754974 Spectral magnitude representation for multi-band excitation speech coders
- US#5664051 Method and apparatus for phase synthesis for speech processing
- US#5630011 Quantization of harmonic amplitudes representing speech
- US#5517511 Digital transmission of acoustic signals over a noisy communication channel
- US#5491772 Methods for speech transmission
- US#5247579 Methods for speech transmission
- US#5226108 Processing a speech signal with estimated pitch
- US#5226084 Methods for speech quantization and error correction
- US#5216747 Voiced/unvoiced estimation of an acoustic signal
- US#5081681 Method and apparatus for phase synthesis for speech processing