FFmpeg Release Plan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideas and suggestions concerning FFmpeg software releases.
Things that need doing
- Fix SVQ3 regression test?
- Approximately 95% test coverage in FATE.
- AAC Conformance sweep
- Make sure API/ABI changelog is up-to-date
Release 0.6 "Let's keep this thing rolling..."
Pending features that would be nice to have in 0.6
- HE AAC v1
- Bink Video
- LATM demuxing support
- make test passes.
- FATE test coverage passes for all platforms of interest.
- All 'important' bugs reported in roundup fixed/closed.
- Except 46, 127 and possibly 192 and 452 --Ce 05:36, 3 February 2010 (EST)
- No half-implemented functionality that may break existing user apps.
- Endurance/memleak testing on film-length files.
Rationale for releases
- Provide endorsed snapshots for external software developers to develop against
- Avoid sitation where external software developers using SVN head when head has transient limitations.
- Discourage external software developers using ancient snapshots that we don't support.
- Create a branch in Subversion.
- Replace version.sh by something that hardcodes 0.6.
- svn export svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/tags/0.6/ ffmpeg-0.6
- tar -cvjf ffmpeg-0.6.tar.bz2 ffmpeg-0.6
- Get source code
- Create tarball
- Upload to ffmpeg.org
- Update website
- Who needs to be notified?
- Major dependent projects, major distribution package maintainers --Rathann 09:43, 29 January 2009 (EST)