FFmpeg Release Plan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideas and suggestions concerning FFmpeg software releases.
Things that need doing
- Fix DV regression tests on PPC
- Approximately 95% test coverage in FATE.
- Add an API/ABI changelog
- make test passes.
- FATE test coverage passes for all platforms of interest.
- All 'important' bugs reported in roundup fixed/closed.
- No half-implemented functionality that may break existing user apps.
- Endurance/memleak testing on film-length files.
Rationale for releases
- Provide endorsed snapshots for external software developers to develop against
- Avoid sitation where external software developers using SVN head when head has transient limitations.
- Discourage external software developers using ancient snapshots that we don't support.
- Do NOT create a branch in SVN
- Okay, then can we at least create a tag/label? --Multimedia Mike 12:57, 28 January 2009 (EST)
- Get source code
- Create tarball
- Upload to ffmpeg.org
- Update website
- Who needs to be notified?