Entis Rasterized Image format
- Extensions: eri, mio, mei, noa, nal
- Specification (Japanese): http://www.entis.jp/eridev/download/bin/erinaf.lzh
ERI (Editing Entis Rasterized Image format) is a format developed by Entis-soft and Leshade Entis (handle or group?). This format can use for image, audio and video. This format is used by some PC games and game engines in Japan.
- The basic image format was named ERI (Entis Rasterized Image format).
- The extra image format was named ERINA (Entis Rasterized Image Native Algorithm format).
- The audio format was named MIO (Music Interleaved and Orthogonal transformed format).
- The movie format was named MEI (Moving Entis Image format).
- The general compression format was named ERISA (Entis Rasterized Image Superior Architecture).
Those are format name, not codec name but those format is based on one spec.
- ERI Layer-1: ERI (image lossless)
- ERI Layer-2: ERINA (image lossless)
- ERI Layer-3: ERINA (image lossy)
- ERI Layer-4: MIO (audio lossless/lossy)
- ERI Layer-5: ERISA (general)
- eri: image
- mio: audio
- mei: movie
- noa: NOA archive file (ERISA format)
- nal: NOA list file (???)
GPL2+ ERI decoder source is in ERI plug-in for gimp. non-free encoder and decoder (with/without source) is in ERINA-Library 1.0A(supports all except ERISA) and ERISA-Library 1.07e(supports all except lossy ERINA).