Duck TrueMotion 2
- FOURCCs: TM20
- Company: On2 (formerly Duck)
- Patents: U.S. # 6,327,304, "Apparatus and method to digitally compress video signals"
- Samples: http://multimedia.cx/samples/ducktm2/
Duck TrueMotion 2 relies of differential coding of samples in a YUV colorspace and coding those deltas using Huffman codes.
This codec employs data separation, so frame is composed from these segments:
- luma deltas for hi-res blocks
- luma deltas for low-res blocks
- chroma deltas for hi-res blocks
- chroma deltas for low-res blocks
- values for updating whole block
- motion vectors
- block types
Each segment is compressed with own Huffman codes (Huffman tree is stored in segment header), thus gaining compression from grouping similar data.
Games Using Duck TrueMotion 2
These software titles are known to use the Duck TrueMotion 2 video codec to encode full motion video: