Blu Ray and HD-DVD Playback Status
- HD-DVD samples: http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/evob/
Last updated july 9 2007
Latest SVN is always reccomended.
This page only details playing the files ripped/decrypted using other programs.
|Codec||FFmpeg (de)muxer||MPlayer (de)muxer||Works?||Status?|
|VC-1 hddvd||native and binary||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|EAC3 hddvd audio||yes||yes||yes||works||in soc repo|
|TrueHD hddvd audio||unknown||unknown||unknown||unknown||unknown|
|HD DVD subtitles||yes||unknown||unknown||in progress|
|DVD menus||native and libmpeg2||??||dvd menu patch||menu background movie displayed with dvdnav://||there is only so much free time :)|
H.264 implementation does not yet support PAFF.
Native VC-1 implementation does not yet decode all samples correctly.
For MPEG-2, hardware acceleration via XvMC is available.
- HD DVD - a next-generation optical disc format designed for high-density storage of high-definition video and data.
- Blue-ray - another next-generation optical disc format designed for high-density storage of high-definition video and data
- X-Video Motion Compensation (XvMC) - hardware accelerated video decoding API for X11
- Video Acceleration API (VA API) - independent hardware accelerated video decoding API