|Revision as of 16:17, 10 December 2006
Compn (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 16:20, 10 December 2006
Compn (Talk | contribs)
(add more descriptive answer)
Next diff →
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|Hi, My cpu is too slow, help!||Hi, My cpu is too slow, help!|
|-||*try -nodouble and -lavdopts lowres=1 -vfm ffmpeg or for H264 -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all||+||*for mpeg1/2 or mpeg4 try adding -nodouble or mplayer -lavdopts lowres=1 -vfm ffmpeg will use half-res decoding to speed things up as well.|
|+||*for H264 try mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all file.mkv|
Revision as of 16:20, 10 December 2006
This page will attempt to list all of the frequent questions we get in the #mplayer irc channel on irc.freenode.net.
Official MPlayer Frequently asked Questions: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html
MPlayer FAQ by relaxed: http://johnvansickle.com/faq
Feel free to add your questions/answers here, and include important error messages.
Questions from #mplayer channel:
Hi, My cpu is too slow, help!
- for mpeg1/2 or mpeg4 try adding -nodouble or mplayer -lavdopts lowres=1 -vfm ffmpeg will use half-res decoding to speed things up as well.
- for H264 try mplayer -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all file.mkv
Hi, I am looking for a way to automatically convert ogg to mp3 I must give a directory and have everything in converted is it possible to achievve such a thing with mplayer ?
- use aconvert found in mplayer source TOOLS/aconvert .
anyone know how to play mp4 files with sound? i can only see video but no audio
- check mplayer output for helpful messages.
- Requested audio codec family [faad] (afm=faad) not available. Enable it at compilation.
- your mplayer was not compiled with faad support. recompile it after installing libfaad package.
Hi folks, is there a way to "tell" mplayer (not gmplayer) not to exit when a file has been played and then wait for some new input? via a fifo or whatever
- mplayer -input=/fifo
Anyway to dump a dvd audio stream really fast?
- mplayer -dumpaudio dvd:// -speed 90 -vc null -vo null -benchmark
i have a corrupt file that mplayer plays, how do i get a new "clean" version of the audio?
- mplayer file -ao pcm
X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0 MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: vo_check_events
- Option "LinearAlloc" "8192" in my xorg.conf is what I need
i have a widescreen lcd monitor and everything is stretched, help!
- use -monitoraspect 16:10 or -monitorpixelaspect 1.125
how do I set the video window to double size when running mplayer from command line? cannot find it in man file...
- mplayer -xy 2
How to setup XvMC ?
- Get xmvc dev lib (libxvmc-dev) and compile MPlayer with --enable-xvmc
- Point /etc/X11/XvMCConfig to your /lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.* , for example : echo "libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.9742" > /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
- mplayer -vc ffmpeg12mc -vo xvmc yourmovie.mpeg2
- NB : works only with mpeg2 and mpeg.
How to include mplayer in a java application or program or library?
How to set video as wallpaper ?
- mplayer -rootwin yourmovie (Only works with the x11, xv, xmga, xvidix, quartz, macosx and directx video output drivers.)
- Gnome : gconftool-2 -s /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop -t bool false (to disable background)
having adjusted the hue/contrast previously, what's an easy way to set them all back to neutral?
- use xvattr
- rpm packages at http://dag.wieers.com/packages/xvattr/
why can`t I make bigger the displayed image whit my mplayer? my image is small and black border / frame around tiny video, what gives?
- mplayer -zoom or zoom=1 in config
- but first try setting mplayer -vo xv or vo=xv in config
Hi, playing a 3GP file, I get "Cannot find codec 'amr_nb' in libavcodec". How can I solve this please
- read libavcodec/amr.c and install amr codec, then recompile mplayer
i get errors playing h264 like these "[h264 @ 0xd96950]concealing 1840 DC, 1840 AC, 1840 MV errors" what gives?
- check your config and options for 'framedrop' and disable/turn it off. try also -noframedrop
- its possible your file is incomplete, try md5sum against the original or rehash it using your torrent program.
i want a concise comparison of the various options - say, their scores on performance measures - to help choose between em. instead there are a few sentences on the origin and implementation of each one.
- different vo's are faster/slower on different pc, drivers and video cards, its almost impossible to tell whats fastest for everyone.
- use mplayer -nosound -benchmark file -vo (vohere) to test your video output speed
- vo's with hardware accelerated output (like xv, vidix, directx, macosx/quartz) will usually be faster than vesa, fb, gl/gl2. but not always.
how do i increase the subtitle font size? / Hi, im using a Mplayer windows gui. is there a way to make subtitles smaller? mpui its named
- subfont-text-scale=3 in config or mplayer -subfont-text-scale 3 file
none of the "freetype" commands in man work when i attempt to use -subfont-autoscale or -subfont-text-scale it says "unknown option on the command line" or Cannot load bitmap font: /usr/share/fonts/truetype/truetype/msttcorefonts/Arial.ttf
- install freetype/truetype and recompile mplayer
i recompiled mplayer and now it doesn't complain about -subfont-autoscale or -subfont-text-scale unfortunately, they don't do anything
- symlink any ttf font to ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf or
- specify a font, mplayer -font /dir/somefont.ttf -subfont-text-scale 3 file.avi
how do i expand the "area" so that the subtitles are lower on the screen/ put the subs in the black bars
- mplayer -vf expand=:-100::2
whats the best deinterlacing filter?
- -vf yadif with mcedeint is reccomended by mplayer and ffmpeg devels.
- see comparison at http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/
help! when i play a file over the network i get desync and cpu is at 100%, but if i play it locally its fine!
- are you using a ne2000 clone NIC? (Realtek cards like RTL8019 or 8029 or 8039). they use some cpu when transferring data.
- check the ethernet howto for tips and try to decrease your tcp window size.