- FourCCs: D263, H263, L263, M263, S263, T263, U263, X263
- Organization: ITU
- Specs : http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.263-200501-I/en
- Implementor's Guide: http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.Imp263/en
H.263 is a video coding standard developed for telecommunications applications. Many other codecs are known to have borrowed concepts from the standard.
This site containts more information as well as source code: http://www.h263l.com.
These implementations are suspected to be identical to the standard H.263:
- D263: Originated at DEC.
- L263: Originated at LEAD Technologies
- M263: Originated at Microsoft
- X263: Originated at Xirlink